- Avoid: hanging art in bathrooms or other places with a lot of moisture.
- Avoid: hanging art in direct sunlight. While all our art is pinted with archival ink made with a UV inhibitor formula, hanging art in direct sunlight may cause fading.
- To Clean: wipe with a soft dry or slightly damp cloth.
- Avoid: leaning canvas art. Our canvas art pieces are intended to be hung vertically on a wall, and leaning may cause the canvas to warp.
- If canvas appears too loose: lightly spritz the back of the canvas with clean water and gently blow dry to help tighten fibers.
- Recommended: use permanent markers when marking child's height.
- If chart becomes wrinkled: lay flat and iron the back side of the canvas on a low setting.
Artist: Carrie Schmitt
Carrie Schmitt began painting as a therapeutic practice after being diagnosed with a life-threatening allergy to heat in 2009. Her artistic process involves allowing the painting to emerge intuitively rather than controlling the outcome. Her book, Painted Blossoms: Creating Expressive Flowers with Mixed Media, shares tips and techniques to create soulful art and live an artistic life. She has produced art technique DVDs with FW Media and teaches workshops throughout the United States.